Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 am by Surge

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 8:16 pm by Mado

» I'm hungry
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

» My experience with nova storm chat PART 2
Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 2:54 am by Tamicat

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes!

3 posters

Go down

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! Empty Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes!

Post by Punkin Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:04 am

Hello, everyone!!  Razz

Today I'd like to speculate a little about the inevitable & upcoming Nintendo Switch Pokemon titles for 2019. As we all know with my historical inaccuracy, I am not a credible source for information or accurate speculation, so bear with me! lol

Recently I've been playing older Pokemon games -- White 2, Platinum, Sapphire, Emerald; & I've been watching gameplay of older console titles, even! There's a very distinct feel to older Pokemon games & I think I understand a little bit more of what makes older titles so appealing to any Pokemon fan who's played for more than 10 years.

It may or may not be obvious, but the artsyle of Pokemon has actually changed quite a bit, as well as... overall stylization! By this I mean the mannerisms of characters within the game, the actual style of the characters, the music, the locations, etc. While I don't find the actual locations to be much different than older titles, in Sun/Moon particularly, I find the environments to be quite dull & void of life. 

Not only has the actual overworld in Pokemon games been completely drained of things/places to explore (which admittedly changed with USUM), but there haven't been in-game events to obtain mythical/legendary Pokemon since generation 5!! This is very saddening & my very first wish for a generation 8 title is for in-game events to take place again, enticing people to go out sometimes & obtain items from stores so that they can catch certain Pokemon. Generation 3, in my opinion, has the best in-game events & overworld in general. 

Generation 3 is full of surprises & every area feels like it was made with intent to illustrate the world overall. Now, stepping away from the environments, the way trainers and Pokemon used to actually move has changed, too! Take a look at this: 

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! 82f

Here we can see a Sableye getting hit with a Dragon Pulse. It's really cool seeing Pokemon that were once 2d sprites made into fully animated 3d monsters like this! Even it's idle sprite makes it very unique & full of life, & this was done with every Pokemon!! Sableye actually looks like it got hit by a move here & I find that to be the touch of life & energy our Pokemon games have been missing recently. Take a look at this:

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! UnevenSnarlingAngwantibo-small

Here we can see the protagonist of Colosseum XD (for the gamecube, mind you!) in a battle & reading Shadow Lugia's aura with his headset. Just the way he's standing makes the game feel alive!! He's not just standing by, he's prepared & LITERALLY in the middle of a battle -- he looks exactly as he should be, albeit hyperbolized since that may or may not actually be how someone would stand. It's not SUPPOSED to look realistic, it's just stylized & it makes the game more entertaining as a result.

Now look at this: 

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! PaleSickHedgehog-max-1mb

This is Dragon Pulse as it is now (even though this is X/Y gameplay, all move animations & Pokemon models are currently ported). The move doesn't even come from Reshiram's actual mouth, Reshiram does NOT look like it's aiming at anything, & Zekrom's reaction is hardly even a reaction! What is this? Surely there's people out there that like this, but this was just a quick way of animating battles & it provides absolutely nothing unique for any Pokemon whatsoever. All Pokemon just jerk their head back when they're hit & stand in place. This style is so bland & uninspired. It does absolutely nothing to add onto the experience of Pokemon if you have played before & just steps all over the face of Pokemon games with dedicated animations for every Pokemon -- unique animations!!

As you can see, the Pokemon's animations are hardly "animations" at all & basically just make our Pokemon look like rocks. In previous Pokemon titles, stagnant sprites were at least added onto with animations for when Pokemon came out of their Pokeballs or flashy move animations & gave life to Pokemon. There was also the distinction of different games having entirely new sprites for Pokemon & it really added onto the experience when you got to see a Pokemon look a new way in your brand new Pokemon game. Take a look at this:

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! Giphy
While I think trainers standing with their Pokemon was a massive upgrade, the trainers aren't in any poses or anything!! They're just standing still & looking forward with a blank expression. I love that different trainers have different poses as well, but it doesn't feel like they're actually there because of how little they interact with anything at all. The Pokemon react more than the trainers!!

My wishes for generation 8 are improved & brand new Pokemon models/animations, new trainer animations & clothes; a new region with special areas & events that can only be unlocked with certain items obtained with codes or wireless connection, improved online play, & new ways to interact with Pokemon!

What do you want to see in the upcoming titles? Does it seem likely to you? Tell me what you think!
Punkin
Punkin

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! Empty Re: Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes!

Post by charizardf1 Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:07 am

Pokemon will stay bad and only get worse....
charizardf1
charizardf1

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes! Empty Re: Pokemon Generation 8 hopes & wishes!

Post by Mado Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 pm

Maybe Gamefreak's studio is a bit lacking in the animation department and that's why these spin-off games look more alive because they're made by teams who could handle it better?

I'm not quite sure if Gamefreak made this or if it was another team so correct me if I'm wrong.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down