Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 am by Surge

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 8:16 pm by Mado

» I'm hungry
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

» My experience with nova storm chat PART 2
Blog #2: A social commentary  EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 2:54 am by Tamicat

Blog #2: A social commentary

5 posters

Go down

Blog #2: A social commentary  Empty Blog #2: A social commentary

Post by Punkin Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:21 am

"Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die." - Joe Louis

What does this mean to you? A more clear & concise rewording of this quote that I saw recently is:

"Everybody wants to park their car in the shade, but nobody wants to plant a tree."

People want all of the luxuries in life/death, but want nothing to do with the means by which you obtain it. This is largely true all around the world, is it not? Every day, technology is developed to make life "easier". You no longer have to even work to connect the tools that made your life easier in such a manner so that they can make your life easier. Your phone, your computer, your gaming devices, the music you listen to, the cars you drive, etc. All of it is stream-lined & designed to make it "easier".

Is that really how things ought to be? What comes of people who can't even be bothered to take care of the Earth they live on, the air they breathe, & the water they drink by themselves? Not unlike a toy pilot in an RC plane, our society is driven by innovation that does not require humans. We don't need us. We really do need us, though, don't we? Would you want to live the rest of your life having everything done for you by machinery? 

Isn't grit & grind what really makes you feel alive? Why do people want to win all of the time? Isn't aspiring to be or do something what makes us human? In the end, don't we all live for love? So why do we separate & demean? Why do we hate? Why is it that we never let ourselves do what we had ought to do as humans? Aren't the fruits of life things we had ought to gather for ourselves? Where is the honor in making it easy to win as we see it? People have made it easy to get exactly what they want & find satisfaction exactly when they want it. People constantly feel the need to be entertained or amused. 

Happiness is a goalpost that constantly moves. Let's not take the journey out of obtaining it.
Punkin
Punkin

Back to top Go down

Blog #2: A social commentary  Empty Re: Blog #2: A social commentary

Post by charizardf1 Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm

o
charizardf1
charizardf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Unright Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:08 pm

#gandhi
Unright
Unright
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mado Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:14 pm

Hello, Jesus. How do you fare these days? Enjoying your job?

You bring a very good point, people do like to get things done for them without putting any effort into anything these days. It might be part of the reason depression and the feeling of emptiness is so common nowadays.

I'm sure you're not suggesting that we should be putting technology and all evolution we achieved behind us, but let me bring your attention to the fact that its purpose is not making life easier and in turn making us less productive, technology serves great purposes in saving people's lives and making life in general more organized and fair for everyone.

Technology is indeed contributing to making people less productive but it's only that way because of the way our modern society is established, the modern lifestyle puts a lot of stress on one's mind compared to back when life was much simpler so it's easier to find an escape in constant entertainment and procrastination.

I hope you're doing well, let's talk again sometime.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamicat Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:27 am

I think your sentiment much like the original quote is nice but not actually applicable to every person. Many people have been fine with death and meeting their maker, some cultures even thrived and pushed for it. I think technology progressing for the good of the people so we have to work less is a good thing.

I don't actually subscribe to the idea that grit and struggling is what makes us human. We'll be doing it probably no matter how far technology comes but saying people need to work for arbitrary reasons isn't something I really agree with. I think people being globally connected is still a good thing even though there is a real problem specifically with mobile devices that give us access to many things we would have found elsewhere. I believe people will figure out these issues as they become more apparent though and the march forward is still important.

I think as long as there is a strong group of people who want to make progress, progress will happen.
Tamicat
Tamicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down