Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptyThu Mar 07, 2024 5:48 am by Surge

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 8:16 pm by Mado

» I'm hungry
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

» My experience with nova storm chat PART 2
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck EmptyTue Jan 30, 2024 2:54 am by Tamicat

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck

4 posters

Go down

Question time!: Do you like older games/consoles?

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck 11111111100%Blog #1: Happiness & Luck 11111111 100% 
[ 4 ]
Blog #1: Happiness & Luck 111111110%Blog #1: Happiness & Luck 11111111 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck Empty Blog #1: Happiness & Luck

Post by Punkin Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Hello, Nova! How are you? I've deliberately locked myself out of my Chatango account & for a while now I've wanted to give myself a slower experience. The past week has been very wishy-washy, but all-in-all, I've been really well!! Life is a lot of different things, but overall, I want to be happy, so I do my best to achieve just that!

As I think I've made clear, I have a part-time job now & it's lots of fun! I enjoy working because I'm never just doing one thing & my environment is very friendly.  Razz My managers are always very kind & understanding & I'm learning very quickly. My co-workers are also outstanding & they're lots of fun to be around! 

I got my first paycheck earlier this week & I was ecstatic!! It was over $200 & before-hand I had applied some of the skills I learned in my Personal Finance class towards planning out how I might spend this money. For a while now I've been interested in a game called "Klonoa: Door to Phantomile" for Playstation 1 & I set that aside as something I'll be saving up for. 

A great deal of time was spent looking for a new laptop since my old laptop is quite worn & it's age is starting to show. Speaking of which, what kind of computers do you guys have? What are the specs? What do you use it for? Personally, I need a laptop that's capable of storing quite a bit of data without being a huge log like a lot of HDD computers tend to be these days. 

I couldn't find a good deal for a decent laptop, so I set that aside as a long term goal of mine & explored around today! The day I got my paycheck I walked into a new salon that had opened up because I was curious about what it might be like & if they could maybe clean up my hair a little bit. My hair had been quite scruffy because of how it works (it being frizzy/curly & all...), so I asked the woman who worked on my hair before we started if she was professionally trained to deal with curly hair. She assured to me that was the case & I didn't really question her since she was a stylist... until she showed me what she had done...

I got a bad trim!! The lady & myself agreed to just trimming my ends since they were a little damaged & split from flat-ironing & tangles, but the way she trimmed it was just a nightmare!!  Mad First she started by rinsing & shampooing, which is fine; then she started combing & brushing my hair out...

If you don't know, curly hair becomes very messy & afro-like when you comb it or brush it -- even when it's wet!! That is, depending on your types of curls. So after she had finished ruining my curl patterns (Note: Curl patterns are the manner by which your curly hair behaves & falls -- curls are formed through lots of strands coming together as one, which is why brushing it ruins it), she decided that she would trim the back of my hair so that it's even with the length around my shoulders...

Basically the back of my head looks more "round" as a result instead of my regular look. My hair usually hangs over the back of my head & the rest underneath falls around my shoulders; like this:

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck Screen10

Don't mind the quality of the image... I'm sure I've shown this to you all before as well. 

So after that catastrophe, I went home & bawled for a bit (I do not have a photo of my hair after the fact for obvious reasons.). 

The end of the quarter at my school is here this week & I had been rushing to meet the requirements for me to pass my classes. I get credits for attendance, but the only issue with that is that attendance means I have to be there at school with my hair like that!! Regardless though, I styled it & went yesterday. Yesterday was lots of fun & I did some different things! Since I couldn't buy a laptop with the amount of money I have, I decided on buying some clothes through thrift & online shopping. 

For those of you that know me well, you know that I've been reading a manga series called "W Juliet" for a while now. There's a cover in particular that I LOVE! I always wondered what kind of pants they were wearing though? 

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck Screen11

I found out they were high-waisted pants & I set out today to find myself a pair. I knew I wanted high-waisted pants, but I didn't want the kind that hugs your butt & accentuates your legs, you know? I found a really cute pair today, though! 

Here they are: 

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck Screen12

They're quite loose & baggy, aren't they? I like that about them, though! They're easy to wear & quite stylish, in my opinion. What do you think? I also went shopping & bought some cute clothes for my family at home as well! 

After spending today out buying clothes, & I decided on spending the last of my money on something I've really wanted for a while now. Earlier I talked about Klonoa: Door to Phantomile" & how expensive it is these days becuase of how poorly it sold in the U.S. Well, I had around $140 left & I decided on buying a copy of the game & a Playstation 1 memory card to save the game on. Cool, right?! 

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck 220px-Klonoa_playstation_front This is the cover art of the game. It was released in 1997, which is when Sonic the Hedgehog was REALLLLYYY popular -- it's theorized that Klonoa was kind of Namco's take on the trend of anthropomorphic animal characters, apparently. Not much is known about the development in general. It's really cute though!! It reminds me of Kirby's Adventure/Dreamland & I can't wait until it arrives so I can play it in my down time. 

What do you think? How has the last week treated you? Let me know! Until next time, Nova! Like a Star @ heaven

P.S. I doodled something in class today because I was thinking about how cute Psyduck might look in Hallohallo's hat --

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck Screen13

Also, Klonoa has a really wonderful & unique soundtrack!! Here's a couple of my favorites:

Punkin
Punkin

Back to top Go down

Blog #1: Happiness & Luck Empty Re: Blog #1: Happiness & Luck

Post by charizardf1 Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:52 am

k
charizardf1
charizardf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamicat Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:00 am

Klonoa is cute but why not just emulate it?
Tamicat
Tamicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkin Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:19 am

Tamicat wrote:Klonoa is cute but why not just emulate it?
Hi, Tam!! The reason I didn't want to emulate the game is because owning the physical version is, in my opinion, more valuable. I like collecting games! Do you have a physical collection? I have Pokemon games & plushies & it just wouldn't be the same if my only way to play them was digital. 

To me, there's nothing quite liking putting a game into your console & waiting for it to boot! You know?
Punkin
Punkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamicat Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:58 pm

I collect pokemon toys of the TOMY brand so I guess I get it. I like physical copies of games over digital ones so I guess I get it. I'd still probably just emulate a game because it's free rather than buying a new PS1 personally tho
Tamicat
Tamicat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mado Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm

Hello, Jesus. How are you? I hope you're having more fun in your new lifestyle.

It's nice that you're enjoying your job and not feeling like it's some kind of nuisance or obligation that you have to deal with. Having nice managers helps.

It seems you have a lot of things going on now, if a busy life is really what you wanted then I'm happy for you.

Take care.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down