Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc Finale
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm by FreezingBadlybutcool

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am by charizardf1

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am by charizardf1

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» I'm hungry
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 Empty Re: Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A

Post by Dragonite1127 Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:01 am

This would conclude Season 2A, which was not that great of a cliffhanger or ending. Perhaps coronavirus caused the anime to be split up into two parts. Now here are some of my predictions and other thoughts for Season 2B and beyond.

Satella would give advice to Subaru about relying on people precious to him. I think this part is important for season 2B.

Subaru may need to rely on Otto for help; Otto has helped Subaru in a previous loop when trying to escape Garfiel. Otto has a carriage and can transport some people this way. Even though Subaru can tell no one about Return by Death, Perhaps Subaru may need to tell Otto about Roswaal’s true intentions. But Otto may not want to involve himself if he knows his life is at risk.

Subaru could convince Otto to accompany him to the mansion. There is also Beatrice who has the power to teleport people. Maybe this power can be used to rescue the mansion people. Or this plan might be hopeless.

Rather, Subaru needs to somehow stop the mansion attacks. Trying to defeat both Elsa and Meili is nearly impossible. The only one capable of defeating them is probably either Reinhard or Roswaal. Instead, Subaru may need to convince Elsa and Meili to join his side.

Since Meili can control mabeasts, maybe Meili can stop the Great Rabbits from attacking the Sanctuary. If Subaru can become allies with Meili, Subaru might be able to defeat the Great Rabbit. But it might be possible that the Great Rabbits are too great for Meili to control.

Subaru is also an Apostle of Greed, meaning that Subaru can use the Ryuzu clones to stop the Great Rabbit’s attacks. With this power, Subaru can stop the Sanctuary people from dying. However, Subaru cannot be in two places at once and cannot stop two disasters.

Echidna told Subaru that Garfiel was afraid of the outside world as a hint. This means that Subaru will have to win Garfiel over, which will be hard because Garfiel has learned to trust Subaru in some loops and kill Subaru in other loops. Garfiel is also a conservative who is against freeing the Sanctuary; the reason behind this might lie in Garfiel’s past. To win Garfiel over, Subaru may have to understand Garfiel’s past and his relationship with Echidna. Why did Garfiel not clear the first trial? Why has Frederica left the Sanctuary for 10 years?

Since Garfiel is also an Apostle of Greed, Garfiel can use the Ryuzu clones to kill the Great Rabbits (to nullify Roswaal’s snow attack) while Subaru can try to prevent the mansion attacks.

At the same time, if Subaru tells Garfiel about Roswaal’s true intentions, Garfiel may try to kill Roswaal, which will lead to a bad end.

I do not think it is wise to kill Elsa because Elsa is a powerful assassin that can be used later to defeat other enemies such as the Black Serpent (if that is possible). Elsa is strong without a doubt because she survived an attack from Reinhard, the Sword Saint.

After preventing the mansion attacks, Subaru can use Beatrice to teleport back.

To save Beatrice, Subaru will need to form a contract with Beatrice that will override Echidna’s contract. Subaru will need to become That Person for Beatrice and make Beatrice her priority. I am not sure what this entails though.

On the other hand, maybe Subaru will stop being greedy and face the reality that sacrifices need to be made. But I have more confidence that Subaru will try to save everyone.

What motivated Emilia to participate in the royal selection? Did Roswaal tell Emilia a lie to convince her into running? How did Roswaal find Emilia if Emilia was living in the frozen forests by herself?

Maybe Emilia’s selfish wishes behind trying to become the ruler will be revealed in her past. Who are Emilia’s true parents? How did Emilia’s parents die? How did Puck find Emilia?

More importantly, where is Puck? Puck is a vital part of Emilia’s past. Moreover, Puck has killed Subaru three times. Each time, Puck appeared when Emilia died and would destroy the world. If Subaru wants to find out what Puck was doing and why he was hiding, Subaru may have to try to kill Emilia. Although, I do not think Subaru would ever be capable of purposely killing Emilia. As a side note, if Subaru killed Emilia, he would have to use Return by Death.

Subaru will also need to ask Emilia about her past too. He needs to figure out the root of Emilia’s trauma and why she can never clear the trials.

What are Roswaal’s true goals? He hopes to one day “kill the dragon,” which I believe refers to Reinhard. Reinhard is the only threat to destroying Satella. Roswaal may try to find a way to kill Reinhard through Subaru.

I believe Roswaal wants to make Emilia the ruler of Lugunica and will subsequently awaken Satella, the Witch of Envy. No one will be able to stop Satella if the master swordsman is dead. This might be the day where Subaru grants Satella’s wish of killing her if he can do so.
          Moreover, Betelgeuse did say that Emilia was a perfect vessel for Satella’s reincarnation, which makes me think further than Satella is an emotionally unstable Emilia from the future who finally realizes all the things Subaru has done for her.

Maybe Roswaal is no different from Betelgeuse who wants the love of Satella.

Roswaal, the Witches, and Beatrice are probably all 400 years old. Why were they born around the same time? What interactions did Roswaal have with the Witches? Since Echidna was involved in Beatrice’s birth, was Echidna also involved in Roswaal’s birth?

Once, the Ryuzu clone, Ryuzu Shima, helped Garfiel kidnap Subaru. Are all the Ryuzu clones against the freeing of the Sanctuary? Can they deny Subaru’s commands if it conflicts with their views?

Will Emilia have enough courage to clear the trials or will Subaru step in?

What does the Charity part mean for this arc? Does the virtue of Charity part in this arc mean Subaru will try to form a contract with Beatrice instead of trying to gain ultimate knowledge and the best possible outcomes with Echidna, an act of greed?

What about Rem? I think we should just forget about Rem. Freeing everyone from the Sanctuary, overcoming Emilia’s past, and preventing the mansion attacks take priority. I do not think Rem will be important or show up in this arc other than through some flashbacks or through taking her body out of the mansion. Rem will most likely continue to remain in her coma. Maybe if another season airs or in future light novel chapters, Subaru may try to find the Archbishop Sin of Gluttony who may be able to bring back Rem’s memories.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to post any comments, questions, or theories of your own in the comments!
Dragonite1127
Dragonite1127

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite1127 Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:04 am

It also should be noted that Petra, an often forgotten character, has died the most times so far. But because of Petra, Subaru was able to escape the Witch of Envy one time.  The death count for Subaru in the post below is 17 and for Petra, the death count is 9.

Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 Captu120

As a final note, SILVER HAIRED ANIME GIRLS ARE THE BEST!!!

Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 132658

Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 Tenor

Re:Zero Recap Season 1 and 2A - Page 2 Ef3810deaf841bd4c79ebfb5fedbd255ef2afcf1
Dragonite1127
Dragonite1127

Mado likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Unright Fri Dec 25, 2020 9:28 am

Good recap dude, I appreciate this post as I have forgotten quite a bit since watching the show lol. It really helped trigger my memory. It's also useful hearing about events that happened in other stories such as the frozen bonds OVA that I didn't know which helped shine a light on certain stuff. I'm now looking forward to the new season after recollecting everything that happened
Unright
Unright
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mado Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:12 pm

Echidna looks more white haired than silver...
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum