Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc Finale
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm by FreezingBadlybutcool

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am by charizardf1

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am by charizardf1

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» I'm hungry
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
A Message From The Heart To My Community EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

A Message From The Heart To My Community

3 posters

Go down

A Message From The Heart To My Community Empty A Message From The Heart To My Community

Post by Mado Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:36 pm

Hi, guys. How's everybody doing? I hope you're all well.

Today I wanna talk about something which has been on mind a lot lately. NovaStorm has recently became 10 years old and for some reason it doesn't feel like the relationship between its members is getting any better, we still run into much of the same problems we did in the beginnings of it.

The topic of today is talking about and judging people in their absence. I've been feeling very sickened lately by the kind of gossip we'd indulge in, especially on voice chat, it only ever comes to down to negative perspective on people as we dissect each individual and pick at all the faults we could find based on like random remarks they said in the heat of a moment or just outright misinterpreting what they say.

It's time for us to incorporate compromise in our relationships, find excuses for people more than you find faults in them. When you gossip about people like a conversation subject you dehumanize them and disassociate their personality from anything positive about them because you feel strongly about a specific aspect in them and treat their negative points as their mask falling off. Gossip is never fair and it breeds hatred towards people who we're otherwise on good terms with. It's how nasty bullying cliques operate and I believe we're better than that.

I made a solemn decision today, to cut all kinds of gossip from my life, I will refuse to chat with anyone who approaches me with the intention of talking badly about someone even if they feel it's justified.

I implore all of you to wear your hearts on your sleeves and make it a priority to make your boundaries very clear and confront the person directly, ideally in confidence where no one else can influence the conversation if you happen to have any gripe with the way they treat you or any others in the community.

You can always turn to me if they're not responding positively to that approach and please, don't treat it like a weakness to address it with someone else when your attempts at making peace don't work, I can't guarantee that others will hear you out but I will.

Many of us are approaching our 30s and if there's any time for us to overcome high school cliches I think it would be now. If you wish to continue with being resentful or look at most of the community with contempt because you believe they're mentally ill or because their quirks don't adhere to your personal standards or even because they're a villain in your eyes for trivial reasons and with no justification you will not be a friend or confidant of mine, no human devil will be whispering in my ear from this point onward.

I wish you all the best.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

FreezingBadlybutcool likes this post

Back to top Go down

A Message From The Heart To My Community Empty Re: A Message From The Heart To My Community

Post by Surge Wed Oct 25, 2023 4:39 pm

A Message From The Heart To My Community 639196255590940684
Surge
Surge

Mado likes this post

Back to top Go down

A Message From The Heart To My Community Empty Re: A Message From The Heart To My Community

Post by attackonpoke Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:05 pm

Don’t ever reference this post in a joking manner. Worst decision I ever made.
A Message From The Heart To My Community Image110
attackonpoke
attackonpoke

http://bit.ly/SuperCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Surge Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:50 pm

A Message From The Heart To My Community Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQnc8JP1e-vc3O8IFW_mC-JZ9PN1umWGYx9A&usqp=CAU
Surge
Surge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down