Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc Finale
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm by FreezingBadlybutcool

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am by charizardf1

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am by charizardf1

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» I'm hungry
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

Misconceptions of Lunastorm

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Misconceptions of Lunastorm - Page 2 Empty Re: Misconceptions of Lunastorm

Post by Mado Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 am

I saw you mention to people before that their problem with how they approach things was the timing, I think the same could be said about you in this case cause you're addressing the way I'm being harsh with Spin when all I have in mind is how to stop him from harassing Tam with gender investigations or making Drago out to be some kinda unsociable freak because he really likes anime girls. You just don't choose the right time, place or method to address this even if I agree that two bads don't make good. You only give me more pressure and make me want to be dismissive with you so I can focus on the other thing.

I don't think Talon is the exact same character he was before, "look I can now play smash without raging about loss or jokingly blackmailing a mentally unwell person for nudes" is not what I'd call improvement or growth, if he grew he would know how to talk like a mature person and not be on whomever's ass about the fact that they're not meeting his standard of how they should act as a functioning member of society by his own shallow definition of it. I was with you and Talon on the same chat, I commended him for a while after he came back from the long ban for having finally got his shit together and starting to handle things in a more reasonable level-headed way but then he started associating with some political extremists on social media and his attitude reverted to that of a judgemental person with strong opinions who lays wrath on all those who don't align with his beautification ideals.

I don't get involved in *all* personal problems, there are situations when intervention is needed though and the ones I involved myself in were some of those. Some seemingly personal things still pose an obligation for friends to have their role in solving them especially when multiple people already got involved or when it has an effect on the chat vibes. You can't just generalize all problems as "personal, none of your business let it play out by itself" that's just being complacent and unloyal to friendships.

So you just openly admit to using mindgames instead of being forward by saying you assume shit to envoke a reaction. Idk where you get the idea that I'm 100% about the things I assume, I just know when it's a fair assumption and don't put huge weight on it that I don't budge and then at other times something's just kinda clear as day and you'd be naive to wait for clarification of people who're guilty of it to begin with especially when you confront them about it and they get pissy and fight you for it.

I ask you to step aside because you want to make backwards progress telling the people who got harshed to chill and then maybe considering that the douchebag might be doing some wrong, it's the approach you take that determines this not the whim I have on how valuable your input might be that I could just dismiss or take it to my pleasure. You just keep chiming in each one of these difficult situations all like "well have you considering forgetting the important part of this and focusing on how you let someone do the same thing before so you might as well let them continue doing this or prosecute the person you previously let do the same thing without considering the context of things? I think that'd be fair and convenient for the chat". Good will and working for the betterment of the chat is great and all but you gotta make a clear distinction between the aggressors and reactants. I don't have some kind of feeling that only I could lead the chat into some kind of paradise of fairness it just looks that way to you because you're not the one I tag along with, I work with people who are more objective and fair, you officially admitted that you were doing dark rp because of how you felt about people's idea of you so I dunno if I could've counted on you to be fair about much really.

I'm sure you do but you don't seem to purpose it in such a way that serves to set things right more than collect evidence for your predetermined side.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by charizardf1 Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:14 am

Whenever you were being hostile though were during completely random times though. I'd understand if you were reacting to something spin did at the time but there were many times where even at the mentioning of his name would trigger some weird tension out of thin air. So if those times aren't good times to address it then when because at those moments literally nothing else was going on.

I'm  not going any further discussing Talon. I'm not here to convince you of him either. Not my place to do that. I've given my opinion I've heard yours there's no reason to continue.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be involved in problems the whole point in this is that everybody can be associated. No reason to try to say somebody else is any less important because the community all associates with each other. When I say direct them out to figure it out on their own i mean get their vibes away from the community and then whoever wishes to partake can assist from wherever it's taken. 

There you go again trying to twist things into something negative again. By now you should be aware that I have no reason to play games. When you approach a situation you're unaware of of course you're going to at first have your own thoughts that you bring to the table. The other end listens and responds bouncing off that informing said person to give them a better and more accurate idea of the situation. This is one of the ways how finding out about things go normally in a conversation. Ex. "Hey you seem like you like peanut butter." "Oh yes i do actually." "Ah I thought so." That's the best i could do off the top of my head.

So what makes you think I make backwards progress and you make any good progress? Even if I were to butt out of a lot of situations i highly bet things would not become better with your course of actions alone. The only reason I butt into a lot of things is because I see flaws with how you approach certain scenarios. I guess you being hostile and moody brings great progress and sets a great example for the environment indeed. It's again things like this that makes me assume that you think you're so good. 

How about stop focusing on just what I'm doing wrong and take notice to what you do too. I know what i do and have always put it out what i do. You focus so hard on trying to find fault in everybody else you get blinded by your own actions making yourself to believe you're going about things in the best way when you're really not. You think too highly of yourself and still up to now still believe you've been fair. Being fair is the approach Mitch has gone down. I don't care if you count on me being fair about things it's not like i have viewed u in the same light. 

I went down the darkness meme path not because of how people viewed me but because of how consistent people have done me dirty over the years and taking it to the chin. I've still done what i could for whoever i felt was being done wrong even if they didn't like me and loved throwing me under the bus. 

I don't even go an evidence route it's literally the other end that always starts with "haha where's proof xd." I always simply ask questions, collect, and assess. It should be a smooth process but people like you who are difficult for no reason and like to go around the bush and act like some type of king of fixing problems pointing fingers at everybody who is against you shunning them out. Blaming everybody else and never holding yourself accountable when you're part of things messing up too. 

You claim to think you're trying to set things right but how you go about things makes you seem you just want to be seen as right instead of working with the community to come to a collective resolution.
charizardf1
charizardf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mado Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:24 am

Trust me, there's very darn good reasons for me to have reacted to Spin the way I did even if I didn't go into good enough detail about why, I mentioned this somewhere in the thread but I'll say again that it's hard for me to actually take out the gist of our personal interactions for you. As for Spin being mentioned and me having things to say about it that only really happened much when things went to an all time bad with him, you could've contacted me privately and chances are I wouldn't have denied you to exchange knowledge about the situation but you have to be honest, Char, with the way you came to be about it in chat all it seemed like you were trying to do is raise doubt within me about something I didn't begin to feel strongly about out of nowhere. I'll drop one last assumption and say if you were the one who had the interactions I had Spin and experienced all the strong faith you had in him crumble as he consistently displays the opposite of what he tells you 1 on 1 and it begins to dawn on you how sneaky and insincere he is. Nova's in a state where it's struggling to stand up on its feet and I really can't have a guy like him run the chat through an infinite loop that would not happen if he'd just thought about how people on the other end feel for a moment. I guess we could close the book on him and Talon both at this point after we said all there is to say.

I don't impose some kind of hierarchy on the chat where one person's opinion and knowledge matter more than the other, I just take or leave depending on how serious the person really is about the thing, I don't feel like you'd be different than me if you see one person say "just ban anyone who argues there solved spare me the noise" and another one actually take the time to talk the people involved and get some opinions, just to name examples off of the top of my head not saying one or the other is you, wouldn't it make sense to pay more attention to the latter? I feel like you oversimplify things at times that quite possibly have an impact on people's lives and general mood, you even experienced that for yourself in all the times Nova made you crack with negativity. I would've enjoyed cooperation between as many people as possible much if everyone was as honest and caring about finding a good end to these problems that overstayed their welcome but one of the sad realizations I had down the line was that some people only really want to have an end drama button despite them having their own emotional struggles at certain points and some others try to do something but it ends up being a handicap because they don't take enough care to find out how exactly things got to this point to begin with and just assess things with what's currently visible to them from the looks of it.

I just dunno if the assumptions are as innocent as the example you used, I really can't help my trust failing a bit because of what I've seen from you and some other people and what it accumulated into, I wish I could just have your word for it when you say "hey I'm trying to be real" but it just doesn't help ease my mind from the fact that you could very well be nitpicking my words to serve a certain side's purpose.

I'll say once more I don't think I'm the one who holds the secret key to chat's happiness, I don't write off any attempt at fixing everybody else makes as pointless or not serious enough that easily but I can't help but think about how much they care about the people involved. Many of nova just takes sides so easily and believes stories without full context on things, I know you'll say that's what I do but it's really nothing close to that when you say how the others do it by comparison and how they still take part of the conversation and have firm opinions about things still.

I second guess my actions more than I let on and often go to friends in private to ask if I'm really being fair about things or letting emotion take too much of a hold, I realise my own faults and try to work on them there's barely ever a passing moment where I don't think about if I'm doing things right or not, but let's be fair here, Char. I don't think anybody could've depended on people like Cult or Stew (to name some) to really take a major role in helping solve shit between people and that really just leaves a few you of us who could even be bothered like you, me and Mitch. I don't think the large scale work together operation you're hoping for could happen. I don't think highly of myself I'm just so disappointed and with no hope about how some of you view these issues that I take things my own hand and know that even if I can't handle things in an ideal way with solo effort I could at least fix things as much as I could as long as I'm trying my hardest to stay objective and consider the situation of all.

Neutrality is not always fairness, Mitch willingly chooses to stay out of things at times because he's more of a logic driven person than I am and believes something are just bound to go a certain course and can't really be fixed to go another way. That's his idea of things and I respect it for what it is, I do things my own way however and try to really come down in the dirt with people to save all that could be saved.

The methods you suggest for fixing things seem efficient and logical on the surface but you really want be as fair as possible with people you have to go and make an effort to understand their emotions and where they're coming from not, what happened here or there at what hour by which people and based on that you just deduce who's in the wrong by the visible actions alone. It's inherently difficult with the people we have and it probably shouldn't but if you wanna keep all the people together and not let go of people you care about you need to go an extra step.

I'll say again I don't care how I'm seen and this is why I don't feel any shame in debating with you for hours over little things, cooperation is sweet and ideal even but I've made my attempts to make that a thing and they went mainly unanswered so I have to take things by my own hands instead of waiting for people to get done tearing at each other.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum