Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc Finale
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm by FreezingBadlybutcool

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am by charizardf1

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am by charizardf1

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» I'm hungry
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

How hard did Saitama punch Genos?

Go down

How hard did Saitama punch Genos? Empty How hard did Saitama punch Genos?

Post by Punkin Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:13 pm

In episode 5 of One Punch Man, Genos wants Saitama to demonstrate his full capabilities in a no bars hold fight. Saitama flawlessly avoids every one of Genos' strikes & catches him off-guard, throwing one punch that he stops immediately before hitting Genos. Taken aback, Genos absorbs the moment, & looks behind him to find that the cliff that was just behind him is now totally demolished!

When I saw this episode of One Punch Man some time in 2016, I was entranced with all kinds of questions; but the biggest was "Just how hard did Saitama punch Genos???!!"

Well, this thread will be me finding just that.

To start, we have to revisit a few very basic things. I am by no means a seasoned physicist, so you should take all of this with a grain of salt! 

Newton's Law of Kinetic Energy states that an object's kinetic energy, which is it's ability to do work, is measured by half of it's mass multiplied by it's velocity squared: Or 1/2m(v^2). This is important because in order to actually measure the power of Saitama's punch, we need to understand what joules are & how they are measured. This alone is not enough though. In order to measure the kinetic energy of the punch I need to estimate the mass of the cliff itself.

Let's take some clues!! For this visual experiment, I will be using Genos' height as stated by the wiki page. Then, I measure the area of the displacement by cubic square feet! 

How hard did Saitama punch Genos? Screen20
How hard did Saitama punch Genos? Screen21

As represented by our visualization, the displacement is approximately 11 Genos units high, 19 wide, & my measurement for the length is a shot from the hip at about 2.3 times longer than the width. That being said, we now have to convert our units to inches, & inches to feet! 770 x 1330 x 2966 / 12 ----> 64 x 110 x 247

So now that we have our dimensions, we find that the area is, give or take 1,738,880 ft^3. Now, in order to measure the mass, I had to dip my feet into geology & understand what kind of rocks mountains mostly comprise of. I found that on average, the mass of a rock is usually ~3 grams/cm^3. With that being the case, I now have to convert my feet to centimetres. If 1 foot is 30.48 centimetres, & 1 pound is 453.5924 grams, then our area is 1,786,054,516,596 cm^3 & the approximate weight of the displaced area is ~3,937,575,931 lbs. 

More findings soon!!
Punkin
Punkin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum