Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc Finale
My Shadow World EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm by FreezingBadlybutcool

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
My Shadow World EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am by charizardf1

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
My Shadow World EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am by charizardf1

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
My Shadow World EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
My Shadow World EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» I'm hungry
My Shadow World EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
My Shadow World EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
My Shadow World EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
My Shadow World EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

My Shadow World

3 posters

Go down

My Shadow World Empty My Shadow World

Post by Dean Fri Aug 11, 2023 7:36 am

Hello Everyone,

I am writing this for myself and for others who need to hear about this and put things into perspective for themselves as well.

Just as an introduction to me and my recent experiences in life.

I am a Jewish(Israeli/Hungarian/Russian) American who grew up very well taken care of. I played multiple sports and competed at the highest levels. I did not have a relationship with my father growing up and always wished for him to be at my games, I wanted to prove myself to him because I felt the lack of him being in my life because my brother and I were not good enough. My brother was also affected by this turning to drugs and hood behavior in high school because he could not handle the pressure of being the man of the house at 16. He served 7 years in prison and was released Feb 2022, and has since turned his life around and become very religious.

Now within the last 18 months, many life-altering events have occurred. Just to name a few the loss of a young family member, the loss of my grandmother, a breakup of what I thought would be my wife, and lastly, a court case in which I defended myself and was charged because the man who struck me received more damage from my one punch.

My Inspiration for writing this is not because I want sympathy or blandishment. I say this to set the stage for what I want to say next.

Everyone is an amalgamation of their life circumstances, in life, we are given many opportunities by God (Good or bad). I believe this decision can be broken down into two root choices. We can make those decisions that we know will benefit us and those around us or we can make those decision that feeds our shadow(the inner part of ourselves that we know doesn't want the best for us). 

Some people are not challenged enough or put to the test enough but when the time comes for you to make these tough choices because we aren't hardened enough so we feed our shadow and let the dark parts of us grow. Or maybe even make the right choice but without practice and real-world experience, we will never know what's right.

I think a lot of us, including myself need to do some self-reflection. (I have listed mine below the next paragraph)

A challenge to us all. If you were looking in the mirror and the deepest darkest parts of your soul were talking out loud, what would it say? I'll tell you what mine would say and if you do want to share I would love to hear yours as well.

My Shadow

-Where I am in life I am kinda happy with my body physically, but my soul feels it's missing something.
-I feel I have lost my accountability(I'm not there for others enough) to those I value. 
-I don't hold myself to the standard I expect and I am not on the track I thought I would be at 25. I think I am hardly the only one who feels this way in some manner.
-I don't put my all into everything I do, I am lazy.
-I have tarnished many relationships in my life due to my overly abrasive behavior and personality. I get told by everyone, those who love me and those who don't, or even those who used to that I am far too much for anyone to handle, this being said I don't believe I will ever be able to settle down with someone long term which makes me sad.
-I'm not sure anyone I am close with truly values me(whom I do value them) or my opinion other than the fact that I am attractive. I feel like I have slid by with my God-given looks and talent.
-My grandparents would not be proud of the Journey I have taken.

My overall message from my shadow, I have wasted my gifts from God on poor decision-making and feeding into weakness, that I have amounted to something that my younger self used to look down on. 

Well, Today I am accepting my shadow, I am giving my shadow a big hug because I know it is part of me, Today! I decided that even though all of this is part of me, part of my journey. I must use it as a launchpad to grow. 

Today I have reminded myself of what I already knew, Today I have had an awakening.

Spread peace and love, Shalom Aleichem.

https://youtu.be/3ezTYZ0rQqw
Dean
Dean

Mado likes this post

Back to top Go down

My Shadow World Empty Re: My Shadow World

Post by Mado Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:30 am

This is a nice thread, also the first time we got to hear much about your personal life so that's interesting, Dean.

I can definitely see where you're going with this, there's always that voice calling from inside telling you that you're ultimately by yourself and that the sacrifice you may make for the collective good won't be the safe stronghold your ego is. It may even lead to being humiliated because there's this going around nowadays that someone can be so "nice" to the point that they become suspicious or too good to believe so it might just end up backfiring on you just genuinely trying to do best by everyone and yourself.

I'm uncertain what my "shadow" would want, the internal voice feels kinda jumbled and sways with each uncomfortable situation I find myself in especially when it concerns people that surround me and I care about.

Among the things I would say I'm hearing:

-That my personality isn't what it really should be in a natural state and if I were true to myself, it makes an avoidant person that's reluctant to ask for or offer help, it puts a barrier between me and people. I feel that I'm made of something better and can be a confident initiative taker instead of someone who lives as a wallflower.

-That I have the potential to develop myself immensely in technical and creative skills to become a dependable and self expressing person, and it's held back by my current nature that leans toward stillness and complacency.

-That I could put my willpower to work and stop being swayed by emotions and focus on the ultimate payoff instead of pleasing people to alleviate immediate pains even though I know deep down that it makes me spineless and less respected.

My mind is so scattered that I can't even recall all that I think on this. I don't know if I can say I'm having the awakening you're having but I think I'm slowly inching towards accepting myself and shedding light on the corners that I overlooked and hid from myself to be someone I'm not.

That's all for me, as for you, Dean. I support your newly found determination to walk forward, I always felt that you had that spark of hope in your eyes, it showed in your attitude. You can definitely accomplish great things, it's all in the mindset, if we look for positivity it will lend itself to us and the opposite is true.

Much love and appreciation, salam alaikum.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Dean likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:49 am

Mado wrote:This is a nice thread, also the first time we got to hear much about your personal life so that's interesting, Dean.

I can definitely see where you're going with this, there's always that voice calling from inside telling you that you're ultimately by yourself and that the sacrifice you may make for the collective good won't be the safe stronghold your ego is. It may even lead to being humiliated because there's this going around nowadays that someone can be so "nice" to the point that they become suspicious or too good to believe so it might just end up backfiring on you just genuinely trying to do best by everyone and yourself.

I'm uncertain what my "shadow" would want, the internal voice feels kinda jumbled and sways with each uncomfortable situation I find myself in especially when it concerns people that surround me and I care about.

Among the things I would say I'm hearing:

-That my personality isn't what it really should be in a natural state and if I were true to myself, it makes an avoidant person that's reluctant to ask for or offer help, it puts a barrier between me and people. I feel that I'm made of something better and can be a confident initiative taker instead of someone who lives as a wallflower.

-That I have the potential to develop myself immensely in technical and creative skills to become a dependable and self expressing person, and it's held back by my current nature that leans toward stillness and complacency.

-That I could put my willpower to work and stop being swayed by emotions and focus on the ultimate payoff instead of pleasing people to alleviate immediate pains even though I know deep down that it makes me spineless and less respected.

My mind is so scattered that I can't even recall all that I think on this. I don't know if I can say I'm having the awakening you're having but I think I'm slowly inching towards accepting myself and shedding light on the corners that I overlooked and hid from myself to be someone I'm not.

That's all for me, as for you, Dean. I support your newly found determination to walk forward, I always felt that you had that spark of hope in your eyes, it showed in your attitude. You can definitely accomplish great things, it's all in the mindset, if we look for positivity it will lend itself to us and the opposite is true.

Much love and appreciation, salam alaikum.
alaikum salam

Thank you for sharing with me mado. I feel this as well! I could have elaborated further about each and every detail of my heart, but I felt I touched on what my inner darkness would tell me. I am grateful for your thought process and the ability to have an open discussion about anything and everything.
Dean
Dean

Mado likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Punkin Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:22 pm

Hello, Dean  My Shadow World 2764 

This is a very interesting topic & it's quite touching to see the more sensitive part of you come to light every time that I hear from you. You may not think this is what you need to hear but it's true; & that is that you're very impressionable & that has given you this lifelong ability to be introspective & deeply loving. 

From a very young age you have shown a commitment to your friendships that I find most charming about you, & your ability to laugh at yourself. When people say the word "friend", my first thought is you even if we don't hang out as much or talk as much as we used to. I believe that our shadow follows us everywhere & we use it to navigate our life decisions & relationships. 

Within all of us is a fault we must accept, & something I am constantly reminded of is that there is such a thing as too much of anything. Even reflection!! It's good that you reflect the way that you do, but I believe you're just a little too hard on yourself & give your shadow a little too much credit. It may be a part of you, but that doesn't mean it tells the complete truth. Our heart has many feelings & many sides. All of them are true!! I believe you're doing much better in life than you give yourself credit for & to say that your younger self wouldn't be proud of you or that your grandparents wouldn't be proud of you is not setting the stage for you mentally. You are always in a position to change who you are & you shouldn't be afraid of that. What is it that you feel you are lacking? Can you imagine there are parts of you that you haven't fully realized?

I see my shadow as a mischievous & silly part of myself that loves when I do bad things. Sometimes I throw it a piece of pepperoni (so to speak), but in most of my conscious, present activity I am following my heart & my acts are deliberately out of love. If I cover my eyes & call out to the shadow in my heart, this is what it says:

It says that I'm overbearing, & suffocate those around me. It says to me that I'm just like my sister, & that I am a slave to my love. My endless fortune-seeking/appreciating behavior makes me a victim of fate, & that my life is only a downward spiral until I can find true happiness on my own by being more selfish.

It tells me that I have to pick my college major soon & finish my paperwork because I'm wasting time by not doing so & working myself to death at my job, not giving me enough energy to be who I should be at home for my mother & my dear niece.

I find that ever since losing my sister, I seek ways to fill the void...
I go to many places alone & do things we would have done together. Eating is the one thing that reminds me of her the most & whenever I have good food I think to myself "She would have fucked this up" LOL
I believe subconsciously that there are things that will bring her back or preserve her memory. My mother genuinely believes that paranormal activity in the house is my sister's doing. I, however, believe that her spirit has moved on to the afterlife & even though she was afraid, she has passed & is at peace.

The shadow in me tells me that I need to do things with my life she would be proud of, & to become madly obsessive with my work in every facet in order to preserve her memory... that despite such a tragic slip of fortune, I am endlessly fortunate & must give back to those around me in any way I can. She gave to me earrings, & left a Wheel of Fortune tarot card pendant that is quite peculiar & that I'm superstitious about
My Shadow World Pxl_2010

Whenever I play Yugioh like we used to when we were younger, I find myself appreciating so many cards & sort of seeing my own heart within them. Here are a couple that have recently called out to me...

My Shadow World 414kafhpW7L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_
My Shadow World Dcxghbz-a4149ef1-20ae-43c0-9249-b407ebd66b45.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzVlMjIzNjlmLTk4YzktNDUyNS1hOTNkLWE3NjM3Yzk1N2RmMlwvZGN4Z2hiei1hNDE0OWVmMS0yMGFlLTQzYzAtOTI0OS1iNDA3ZWJkNjZiNDUuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
My Shadow World 41GpvJVW8VL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_

Punkin
Punkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down