Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc Finale
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm by FreezingBadlybutcool

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am by charizardf1

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am by charizardf1

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» I'm hungry
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other

4 posters

Go down

A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other Empty A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other

Post by Punkin Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:10 am

Earlier today in Novastorm a small argument broke out about the concept of "straight pride", which has become increasingly popular over the years as conservatives grow impatient with the growing progressive support for marginalized demographics in society, such as those included in the LGBTQ+ community! 

On June 28th, in 1970, the very first pride parade was held. Pride parades were established during a time in American history where regressive views were incredibly commonplace. Racism, sexism, & homophobia were not at all estranged acts during this time & actually impacted people's lives; their livelihoods. This is, of course, common knowledge, but the aforementioned views influenced the income, place of residence, socialization, & even the deaths of minorities targeted by these stigmas. 

Now, of course, there are laws in place to prevent such a thing, but that does not mean it doesn't happen or that these issues do not affect the lives of minorities. It is particularly an issue these days that people who fall under the LGBTQ+ category are disproportionately affected by hate crimes. This is not the case for people who are straight & is the reason why a "straight pride" parade should not exist. 

Let's provide some objective measures to give you perspective on the matter:

- They take up anywhere between 95-97% of the U.S population. (Which is the target of this post)
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_demographics_of_the_United_States
- To date, there have been 148 anti-heterosexual hate crimes (In all of history). Six of those have taken place in the last 9 years. 
Source: https://www.revealnews.org/blog/the-hate-report-targeted-for-being-straight-nope/
- Hate crimes disproportionately affect LGBTQ+ people. 17% of all hate crimes in 2017 targeted LGBTQ+ people.
Source: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/anti-lgbtq-hate-crimes-rose-3-percent-17-fbi-finds-n936166

Straight pride drowns the purpose of acknowledging LGBTQ+ people/communities. "Straight Pride" was never a thing until "Gay Pride" was a thing. "Straight Pride" never existed as a means to give a marginalized minority of people a voice/platform in society to oppose hateful & regressive views. If you truly believe that "Straight Pride" should exist as a form of solidarity with the progressive agenda to liberate minorities, then why are you not an LGBTQ+ ally? Why do straight people need a platform when every single day they have one?
Punkin
Punkin

Back to top Go down

A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other Empty Re: A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other

Post by Tamicat Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:11 am

tl;dr
Tamicat
Tamicat

Willow likes this post

Back to top Go down

A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other Empty Re: A conclusive post to "straight pride" & the ignorance of it/ other

Post by Unright Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:12 am

ur gay
Unright
Unright
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by charizardf1 Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:12 am

ur gay
charizardf1
charizardf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tamicat Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:34 am

"Why do straight people need a platform when every single day they have one?"

I think it's more the idea that because you don't believe they deserve one they shouldn't be allowed one. I understand the argument "if they are allowed to have a straight pride parade it promotes a dangerous enviroment for LGBTQ people" but there is an issue if one side isn't allowed to speak or exist.

Supporting a "you're either with us or against us" mentality when it comes to politics is probably pretty unhealthy for such a divided country like the USA. In my opinion it's that mentality on either side that will devolve into REAL hate and real resentment towards others rather than small ideological differences.

"why are you not an LGBTQ+ ally?"
I support LGBTQ people I don't support the leftist media or the social movement groups on twitter in the same way I don't support republican alex jones fox news-alike rhetoric.

I don't think being gay is a badge of honour that gives you diversity points or automatically means I know better than every straight person just because "they don't understand"

edit: I'm gonna add this so I'm not assumed to be on one side or the other. I don't think straight pride parades need to exist they accomplish/mean nothing but I do think if they wanna have it and there is a significant chunk of the people who want to share it they should be allowed to. The protestors who feel threatened by straight white parades threatening with violence and claiming their side is "love" are just as hurtful to LGBT communities and reinforce an idea that we are a real threat and a real enemy to the status quo.
Tamicat
Tamicat

Willow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by charizardf1 Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:03 am

omg spin rly has nothing to say in responce to tam  affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
He rly just got bodied by all these correct and actual factual words that needed no statistics!
charizardf1
charizardf1

Back to top Go down

Post by charizardf1 Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:07 am

Spin:  @Claw I don’t believe every single viewpoint there is should be protected under freedom of speech or expression, so there you have it. Some are just ignorant & perpetuate ignorance. “Straight pride” would literally only exist out of spite for “gay pride”. That wasn’t a “with us or against us” post, it’s a “It’s okay if you don’t want to take part in politics involving social justice concerning LGBTQ+ communities but it’s not okay to be be directly in opposition of that if 1) those people are not hurting anyone & 2) they are demonstrating for the sake of representing themselves in a society where they DON’T get that. Where it’s NOT okay. @tam
charizardf1
charizardf1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down