Nova Storm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

NS music

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 48 on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:05 am
Latest topics
» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc Finale
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 2:39 pm by FreezingBadlybutcool

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc P.2
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 9:02 am by charizardf1

» The Tsukuyomi Potence Arc
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptySat Mar 30, 2024 8:56 am by charizardf1

» Backstory Risings: Sensei and Pupil
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptySun Feb 18, 2024 3:42 am by Tamicat

» Explaining my own Experience
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 1:58 pm by Tamicat

» I'm hungry
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:24 am by FreezingBadlybutcool

» My Experience in Nova & What Happened
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am by Tamicat

» Self Righteous Ignorance
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptyFri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 am by charizardf1

» Aren't y'all 30 or something?
Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players EmptyWed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 am by attackonpoke

Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players

2 posters

Go down

Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players Empty Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players

Post by Unright Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:23 am

While playing BDSP I came to a realisation. Despite the flaws and the obvious greed and laziness GameFreak showed while working on SwSh such as the ugly textures, barren wild area, bad animations, DLC and the whole dexit thing, I think Pokemon SwSh is one of the best Pokemon games ever made for the competitive scene. I will explain below. 

This game is perfect for competitive players. I don't think there is a game more accessible for those wanting to get into competitive for the first time than SwSh. Want to level up pokemon fast? Pokejobs and the date exploit can get your mons to level 50+ in 3 date changes. Don't want to do the exploit? Exp candies are a thing. Need breedjects to breed your own mons? Mystery trade has almost everything floating around on there. Need items for competitive? Battle tower is reasonable and also battles on the ladder reward BP for playing. Need a 6iv ditto? Farm ditto raids. Want to teach an egg move to an already hatched pokemon? Use the pokemon nursery mechanic they added this gen. Everything is so damn easy. So many conveniences in this game which save you so much time. There is no excuse other than laziness to not have competitive pokemon in SwSh. The most time consuming things would be hatching eggs or EV training.

When playing BDSP I realised how difficult it is for people (especially new players) to get into competitive pokemon. Everything is such a grind. The battle tower is ridiculous. They don't have ranked online battles. They don't reward BP for online battles. All TM's are basically consumables which is a pain. Useful exploits are constantly getting patched. It's so ridiculous that people don't want to update their games to a newer version because of this. The grind is that much of an inconvenience so people aren't updating their games until they're stocked up on everything. This game is dumb and is too faithful to the original. Also it doesn't seem to have format rules so there is a chance when you're battling randoms that you end up having to battle a guy with 6 restricted pokemon.

So yeah, I enjoyed playing competitive on SwSh a lot, especially VGC in S6 when everyone was using crazier things. Can't say I enjoyed it as much after the DLC's dropped though due to some of the new additions to the roster. However despite that this game has been very enjoyable for me competitively. My honest opinion on SwSh is that it's not perfect, but overall it's a pretty good game. I enjoyed competitive mons the most in SwSh, probably because of a combination of it being so easily accessible and also because I switched from smogon singles to VGC. I genuinely believe it is one of if not the best game for competitive pokemon so far.
Unright
Unright
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players Empty Re: Why Pokemon SwSh is one of the Best Games for Competitive Pokemon Players

Post by Mado Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:23 pm

I agree with you on this. People were caught up in the flaws SwSh had in terms of graphics and how little evolution it brought to the storytelling of the franchise, as well as dexit but no one takes the time to appreciate the never before seen QoL changes that really make everything more quick and convenient than it ever has been in Pokemon. Dynamax also while can be called a "lazy mechanic" in the concept of it, mechanically it makes the battles way more dynamic and interesting especially in doubles where you could buff both your Pokemon at once with the moves which something Pokemon needed cause buffing/debuffing is such a huge part of RPGs usually and Pokemon integrates it in such a way that doesn't make it worth going for a lot of the time.
Mado
Mado
Admin

https://novastorm.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down